Chicken Veggie Bowl! This is an easy, delicious, and nutritious dinner. I poached chicken breasts for this bowl, but you can prepare it however you want! If you want to add more flavor with a sauce, I would recommend trying a green goddess dressing or pesto. This is a perfect lunch or dinner idea if you are looking for something quick and easy. Recipe below. Enjoy!
Chicken Veggie Bowl
Makes 1 Serving (Chicken makes 2-4 servings)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups of water or chicken broth
2 tsp dried Italian herbs
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
1 tsp dried Italian herbs
1/2 zucchini, sliced
2 stems of kale, de-stemmed and chopped
Pinch of salt
1/2 avocado, cubed
1/2 lemon, squeezed
- Put chicken in a pot large enough for them both to lay flat on the bottom. Add water or chicken broth until the chicken is completely covered. Add herbs and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat immediately to low.
- Partially cover pot with a lid and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and turn off heat. Let chicken sit in the hot water for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from pot and shred the chicken.
- Briefly heat oil in medium frying pan on medium-low heat. Add zucchini and herbs. Cook until soft, stirring and flipping occasionally. Remove from pan.
- Add more oil if needed. Add kale to empty frying pan. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Sauté until almost soft, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat. Squeeze 1/4 lemon on kale.
- Add shredded chicken, zucchini, kale, and avocado to bowl.
- Squeeze the remaining 1/4 lemon over entire bowl, if desired. Enjoy!
“Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.”
God promises us a new heart (Ezekiel 36:26). This is a heart worth keeping and guarding. Guard your heart from evil. Guard it for wisdom and love for and from God!!
Remember the importance of heart checks as well, which you can read more about here.
I love you all!!! Have an awesome Sunday! Get excited for my FAV recipe coming on Tuesday to celebrate the first official day of fall! I can’t wait to share!!!