Apple Spice Oatmeal Cookies with maple icing. Here is it y’all, my favorite recipe!! I am PUMPED to share it too because these truly are my favorite cookies ever. They are soft and chewy with the best flavor combo of apple and spice. I am a sucker for anything with cinnamon! Also, the sweet maple icing makes these a real treat!
Happy first day of Fall!! The perfect way to celebrate is by making these dairy-free fall cookies. Not only are they delicious, but they are easy to make as well! These are a must try, trust me!! They will be a crowd pleaser among all of your family & friends! Recipe below. Enjoy!
Soft Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
- 1 cup apples, peeled & diced (about 1 apple)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- Dash of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1.5 tbsp (4.5 tsp) maple syrup
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp almond milk
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- Put apples, coconut oil, and brown sugar in small frying pan. Cook over medium-high heat until tender and golden. Stir occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat coconut oil, brown sugar, and maple syrup on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, and beat for 1 minute or until fully combined.
- Turn mixer to low speed, and slowly add flour until well combined. Add oats on low speed until well combined.
- Fold in caramelized apples.
- Chill dough in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 minutes or until edges are browned. The center will still look unset.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk all ingredients together. Add more almond milk if too thick.
- Drizzle glaze over cookies when completely cooled.
“…Freely you have received; freely give.”
This part of Matthew 10:8 really hit me when I first read it. For me, it finally put a purpose behind generosity. In this verse we can see that God calls us to be generous people. This is because we have been extended the maximum generosity from our Savior. We have been given the greatest gift of all.
His generosity could never be matched, but we can begin to walk more like Jesus when we step into generosity. We should be generous to His people to greaten His kingdom!! I often pray that God helps me to walk more like Jesus everyday, so being more generous has quickly became important to me. However, I am still figuring out what generosity looks like for me everyday. In what ways able I able to give to and serve those around me? How can I exemplify Jesus’ love and generosity? I encourage you to also ask God how you can be more generous to glorify Him!