Peanut Butter Cup Krispies!! WOW. The salty peanut butter with the sweet chocolate is one heck of a combo!!! In fact, my dad thinks these are the best dessert I’ve ever made (woah). This dairy-free, gluten-free dessert has the perfect flavor and crunch.
The hemp seeds are a hidden gem in these sweet treats! I gave these to the kids that I nanny, and they LOVED them!! Kid approved, woo!! They had no idea there were nutritious hemp seeds in there 🙂 If you cannot find hemp seeds, feel free to leave them out.
PLUS, this is hands down the easiest recipe!! They take 20 minutes to make at most. All you need is one bowl and a microwave as well, so these are dorm friendly! If desired, you can use a stove to melt the peanut butter and chocolate mixtures.
Give these a try! They are surprisingly delicious. Be careful though… They are addicting!! Recipe inspired by @earthyandy on Instagram. Recipe shown below!
Peanut Butter Cup Krispies
Makes 16 Servings
2/3 cup + 1 tbsp smooth natural peanut butter (I used Trader Joe’s)
1/3 cup maple syrup (sub agave nectar or honey)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup hemp seeds
3 cups Rice Krispies (sub brown rice crisp cereal)
1 cup chocolate chips
Optional: coarse/flaky sea salt
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Combine and stir Rice Krispies and hemp seeds in a large bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the maple syrup and 2/3 cup peanut butter. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring often. Be careful not to overheat!
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture. Stir until completely combined.
- Spread combined mixture into lined pan. Use a spatula to evenly distribute and flatten.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and 1 tbsp peanut butter in 30 second intervals. Stir often until melted.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the Krispies. Evenly spread with spatula. Sprinkle with coarse or flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes or until set.
- Once set, cut into 16 squares. I recommend running a large knife under hot water for a few seconds before cutting. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
“The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.”
Jesus is light!!! No amount of darkness and hurt can overcome Him. He is greater than all, and He can overcome everything. Not only does He overcome, but His goodness shines in the darkness! Trust in Him!!! He is in control.
This photo is from when I remade them on vacation… I did not have all of the right ingredients, but they were still delicious!! I used Barbara’s Bakery Brown Rice Crisp Cereal, honey, no vanilla extract, and extra cereal instead of hemp seeds… The easiest recipe to make and alter, if needed!! Enjoy..