Pumpkin Apple Spice Bread… This recipe screams fall!! It incorporates all the best fall flavors into one, AND it is dairy-free and refined sugar free! My mom and I saw pumpkin apple bread for sale at Elegant Farmer a few days ago, but it contained dairy. So, obviously, I made it my mission to make my own dairy-free version!
This bread is soft and full of flavor. I highly recommend making this for your family and friends. No one will even notice it is dairy-free. Perfect for Sunday brunch or dessert! Recipe below.
You could make this into muffins as well. I have not tested it, but I would probably bake them for 10-15 minutes. Make sure to test with a toothpick! You could also add a streusel or maple glaze topping. I will add these options below the full recipe!
Pumpkin Apple Spice Bread
Makes 1 Loaf
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup almond milk (recipe here)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 + 1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 large honey crisp apple, peeled and diced
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- Combine pumpkin puree, applesauce, maple syrup, egg, almond milk, and vanilla in a big bowl with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt with a whisk.
- Slowly add dry mixture to wet. Whisk until fully combined.
- In a small bowl, combine diced apple and 1 tsp cinnamon. Mix until apples are lightly coated in cinnamon.
- Fold apples into mixture with a rubber spatula or large spoon.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting. Enjoy!
3 tbsp coconut sugar (sub brown sugar)
1/4 cup flour
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until well combined and crumbly. Lightly sprinkle on top of loaf before baking.
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp almond milk
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. Drizzle over baked and cooled loaf.
“Therefore confess your sins to each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”
I truly believe in the power of prayer. James 5:16 encourages us to confess our sins to one another so that we can hold each other accountable. It is so helpful to have a trusted friend who can help you to stay on the path of righteousness and away from sin. Additionally, James 5:16 emphasizes the power of prayer. Having a community of people who can and will lift you up in prayer when needed is SO important. God hears those prayers.
Do you have an accountability partner? If not, who can that person be for you? What do you need to be held accountable for? Talk to God about it!!