Sesame Veggie Bowl!! Another savory vegan dinner recipe coming your way! I was randomly craving roasted broccoli a few weeks ago (random, I know), so I quickly threw this dish together. This recipe is filled with roasted veggies, and it includes a delicious sauce that is similar to the one used in sesame chicken dishes, which is my fav!
If you want to add meat to this dish, I’d recommend adding chicken. This dish is so easy and healthy yet full of flavor! Try it out. Recipe below!
P.S. Everyone please welcome Lulu to the blog 🙂
Sesame Veggie Bowl
Makes 2 servings:
1 head of broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 lb of Brussels sprouts, halved
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
4 + 1 tsp tbsp olive oil
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup quinoa
1/4 cup water
1.5 tbsp (4.5 tsp) coconut amigos (sub soy sauce)
1.5 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp fresh minced ginger
1.5 tsp cornstarch
1.5 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop broccoli and Brussels sprouts and place on baking sheet. Toss in 4 tbsp olive oil until lightly coated. Sprinkle salt.
- Bake 20-25 or until soft, flipping halfway. The broccoli may be done before the Brussels sprouts, so remove them from the pan.
- While the vegetables cook, make the quinoa. Add quinoa and water to small saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce to medium-low heat, cover, and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until little to no water remains.
- While the quinoa cooks, make the sauce. In a bowl, whisk together the water, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, honey, and ginger. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Once the cornstarch has dissolved, add cornstarch mixture to other bowl. Whisk to combine. Add mixture to a small saucepan on medium-low heat. Heat until bubbling, stirring often. It should become a thick sauce.
- Sauté red bell pepper in 1 tsp olive oil in a small frying pan until a little soft.
- Combine quinoa, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and red pepper to a bowl. Drizzle sauce on top to taste, or combine the vegetables and sauce in a fry pan (on low heat) to evenly coat everything. Enjoy!!
“Therefore as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.”
What a clear description of who we should be in Christ. We are not called to act like this sometimes or just when it is easy, but Colossians 3:12 calls us to CLOTHE OURSELVES in these things. Colossians 3:9-10 talks about how we take off our old self, which is filled with sin, and put on a new self that is “being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.” Allow God to change your whole heart towards His goodness. I often ask God to help me to walk more like Jesus everyday. I know that Jesus walked on this Earth clothed in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience towards ALL PEOPLE in ALL SEASONS. I strongly desire to walk like this as well. I desire to love people well and find beauty in all of the valleys.
Colossians 3:12 is also a great reminder that we are dearly loved by God. You are holy and blameless in His sight (Ephesians 1:4). I hope you never forget how much He loves you!! He loves you despite all of your sins. There is nothing you could ever do that would make Him love you less.
Praying for you all!! I hope you have an awesome week ❤