Dairy-free banana bread… AKA a quarantine favorite 🙂 Everyone and their mother was making banana bread back in April, but I don’t think it should’ve stopped then! Banana bread is ALWAYS a crowd pleaser and the perfect breakfast or snack, especially with creamy peanut butter slathered on it. This banana bread has the perfect texture and flavors!! The recipe is below…
Dairy-Free Banana Bread
Makes 1 Loaf
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup mashed bananas (2 large bananas)
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (thick part of canned coconut milk)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (plus more for top)
- 1 3/4 all purpose flour (can sub whole wheat flour)
- 1/4 cup chopped chocolate
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (can omit or sub nuts, shredded coconut, raisins, etc)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and grease a bread pan (9×5).
- Whisk together melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Whisk in eggs.
- Add and whisk in mashed bananas and coconut cream.
- Whisk in baking soda, vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon.
- With a large spoon, mix in flour until well combined. There may be lumps, but that is ok!
- Fold in chocolate with a large spoon or spatula.
- Pour batter into greased bread pan. Lightly sprinkle top with cinnamon (optional). Bake for about 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for at least 20 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. Slice once cooled completely, and enjoy!
To preface, I made a reel (short video) on the Grace Given Food Instagram page for this recipe (@gracegivenfood). The song that is paired with the reel is called “Whole Heart (Hold Me Now)” by Hillsong United. First, I highly recommend that you listen to this song before continuing on… You can listen here.
This is my favorite song of all, and this is mostly because it was playing when I was baptized!! However, it is also a beautiful worship song overall.
They sing, “You pulled me from the clay. You set me on a rock. Called me by Your Name, and made my heart whole again. So here I stand, high in surrender. I need you know. Hold my heart, now and forever, my soul cried out. Once I was broken, but You loved my whole heart through. Sin has no hold on me ‘cause Your grace holds me now.”
Humbling… This song is so humbling. It reminds me where I came from. It reminds me that I would not be where I am today without the grace of God. The work of the cross bore all of our sins, so we no longer live in death and darkness. Jesus has forgiven, freed, and healed us. I am eternally grateful. We serve a good good God.
Clay to rock. An unstable foundation to a firm foundation. He is my firm foundation. Providing me (and you!!!) with continuous, unwavering love and grace.
“Made my heart whole again.” Nothing in this world can fill our hearts forever. Only God can. The moment I accepted Christ into my life and surrendered to Him fully, my heart was made whole. His love and grace fill me up everyday, and it will for eternity.
This song is a beautiful reminder of 1 Peter 2:24, which reads “He himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; By His wounds you have been healed.”
Never forget the work on Calvary. Never forget how much you are loved by our Savior.