The PERFECT Christmas breakfast recipe… Gingerbread Oatmeal!! This oatmeal has the perfect mix of sweet and spice. It truly is the definitely of a cozy recipe… Make it for Sunday brunch OR even for Christmas morning breakfast after opening presents 🙂
This oatmeal sounds and tastes indulgent, but it is dairy-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free. Plus, it is very easy to make. I highly recommend this one! Recipe below…
Makes 1 serving
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup oat milk (sub any other milk)
- 1/4 tsp ginger (more or less depending on your preferences)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of ground cloves
- A pinch of all spice
- 1/2 tsp molasses
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Optional toppings: almond butter, pecans, sliced bananas, etc.
- Combine oats and milk in a small saucepan. Heat on medium heat for 3-5 minutes, or until it starts to thicken. Stir occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low. Add ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, all spice, molasses, and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Heat for a few more minutes until correct consistency is attained. Adjust sweetener and/or spice as needed. Top with almond butter and chopped pecans (or whatever you prefer). Enjoy!
“Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.”
Colossians 3:14 (NLT)
This verse is such a beautiful reminder of the importance of loving one another. I love that Colossians 3:14 says that love binds us ALL perfectly. Despite all of our differences, love is the one thing that brings and binds us all together. Thank you Jesus!!! “We love because he first loved us.” (1 John 4:19 NIV).
I love you all!! I encourage you all to ask God how you can love others better today & everyday! I pray that we all walk more like Jesus and love like Him.