Merry Christmas Eve!!! ❤
Snowball Cookies are my FAVORITE, and these vegans ones are no exception. They have subtle yet DELICIOUS flavors, and they melt in your mouth. Plus, they are not overly sweet, which I love!! Snowballs also remind me of Italian wedding cake cookies, which are also the BEST.
Most Snowball Cookie recipes use walnuts, but I definitely prefer pecans in them! I used this recipe by Cook Nourish Bliss, and it was great!! I will write the recipe below how I altered it, but feel free to follow the link to Cook Nourish Bliss’s website for the full recipe, pictures, and video!
Vegan Snowball Cookies by Cook Nourish Bliss
Makes about 50 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups pecan pieces, ground
- 1 cup refined coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup + 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 to 5 tbsp cold water, as needed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, grind up the pecan pieces until few large pieces remain.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and ground pecans.
- In a large bowl, add the coconut oil, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add and mix in the dry mixture until combined. While mixing with a spatula, add in 1 tbsp of cold water at a time until the dough comes together and you can roll it into balls (I added 4 tbsp).
- Scoop 1 tbsp of dough and roll into balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet about 1 inch apart (they do not spread).
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until the cookies are set and lightly browned on the bottoms.
- Let the cookies cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes, then gently roll in remaining powdered sugar. Once the cookies have completely cooled, roll in powdered sugar again, if desired. Enjoy!