Hazelnut bark is one of my FAVORITE desserts, which is nice because it’s so easy to make… 🙂 This is another new family Christmas tradition, but I also make it year round for a sweet treat! My family and friends love it too!!
This recipe is a MUST try because it is so quick and easy to make! It can be modified in so many ways to your liking as well! I have not tried this recipe without roasting the hazelnuts, so I HIGHLY recommend roasting them. It gives them the perfect flavor and crunch. Yum! Recipe below… Enjoy!
Dairy Free Hazelnut Bark
Makes 8 Servings
- 6 oz dark chocolate (I use Trader Joe’s Pound Plus bar)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut (sub more coconut flakes if desired)
- 1/3 cup roasted unsalted hazelnuts (add more if desired)
- Pinch of flaky sea salt (I use Maldon Sea Salt)
- (Optional) Hazelnut Roasting: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the shells from the hazelnuts, and rub them with a towel to remove as many skins as you can. Arrange the nuts in a single layer on the lined baking sheet. Toast until browned and fragrant, stirring occasionally. This usually takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave in 30 second intervals until fully melted. You can also melt on a double broiler (to be honest… I am too impatient for that though)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the melted chocolate into a thin layer on the parchment paper (just make sure it is not too thin where you can see the parchment paper below).
- Sprinkle coconut flakes, shredded coconut, and hazelnuts over the chocolate. Sprinkle some flaky sea salt over top.
- Place baking sheet in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to harden.
- Once hard, remove the bark from the fridge and parchment paper. Break it into smaller pieces to eat. Enjoy!