My go-to breakfast on a busy morning!! Overnight oats are the perfect quick breakfast.. You simply mix the ingredients together in a bowl the night before, and it is ready to be devoured in the morning! Don’t get me wrong… I will always LOVE my everyday warm oatmeal recipe, but I also love this recipe, especially in the summer!
All you need is a few ingredients, a bowl with a lid, and a spoon! This recipe is vegan, but you could also use cow’s milk if you prefer! The chia seeds and cinnamon are optional, but the chia seeds make it extra thick (& help you get in those omega-3 fatty acids)!! Check out my Instagram reel or TikTok video (both @gracegivenfood) to see how I make this recipe! Recipe below..
Makes 1 Serving
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup oat milk (sub any milk)
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional but recommended!!)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Optional toppings: fruit, honey, nut butter, granola, etc.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl that has a lid (or a mason jar). Stir with a spoon until well combined.
- Transfer to fridge overnight (or 6-8 hours).
- In the morning, stir with a spoon and add desired toppings. Enjoy!!
“Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” Ephesians 4:2