Long time, no talk!!!
HEY, I’m back! Wow, the past 6 months have been a whirlwind. I thought I could jump back into posting after my first CPA exam (hence my last post), but I fully threw myself into the next 3 exams after that..
I have missed posting recipes SO much, so I’m determined to start again. I want to put less pressure on myself, so I plan to post more “everyday” recipes that I’ve been loving. However, I hope to continue to post fun dessert recipes as well!!
Today, we are starting with my recent favorite lunch recipe..
Makes 1 serving
- 1 handful of spinach or chopped kale
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic dressing (olive oil, balsamic, dijon mustard, salt & pepper)
- 1/4 cup chickpeas, washed & drained
- 1/4 cup wild rice, cooked
- 1/4 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 chicken breast, cooked & cubed
- 1/4 cup sweet potato, roasted
- 1/2 apple, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper (sub tomatoes, cucumber, or any other vegetable), chopped
- Prepare chicken, rice, and sweet potatoes as you wish (I poached the chicken & roasted the sweet potatoes at 425 after drizzling with avocado oil and cinnamon).
- Massage balsamic into spinach/kale.
- Warm rice, chicken, and potatoes if desired.
- Top greens with all other ingredients. Toss if desired. Enjoy!