Happy September!! It’s never too early for Fall recipes, so here’s the first of many!! NOTHING beats warm oatmeal on a chilly fall morning, especially apple spice oatmeal… This recipe is vegan and gluten-free (make sure to use GF oats if needed)!
Apple Spice Oatmeal
Makes 1 serving
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (or 1/2 cup depending on your appetite — increase milk to 1 cup too)
- 2/3 cup oat milk (sub water or other milk)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 dates, chopped
- 1 small apple, chopped (sauté in coconut oil and cinnamon if you prefer softer apples)
- Optional toppings: nuts, peanut butter, almond butter, apple, dried fruit
- Put oats, milk, spices, chia seeds, dates, and 3/4 of the apple in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer on medium heat then reduce to low, stirring often.
- Cool until dates and apples are softened and milk is absorbed (add more milk if needed).
- Top with the rest of the apple and any other toppings. Enjoy!
“But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.”
1 John 2:5-6